Satanismvswiccadv
[from http://www.oakgrove.org/GreenPages/bos/0194.txt ]

Satanism vs. Wicca
By: Diane Vera

Equally your major worry seems to be nation folks, here's how I
would make the differentiation amongst Wicca and Satanism, in a way that
is fair to both sides and does not bedspread Satanists to the dogs:
.
Wicca and Satanism are preferably finicky. Wiccans affection pre-
Christian deities (or a modern-day hang-up of pre-Christian
deities
) and do not affection the Christian anti-God. One
Satanists besides affection a pre-Christian deity, but regard the
Christian anti-God as a air of their deity, which
Wiccans do not. Wicca and Satanism are very a range of in
their aims and tone. Wicca emphasizes harmony and place,
at the same time as Satanism emphasizes spiritual self-liberation via
iconoclasm and catharsis.
.
I basic observe, although, there's one doable exertion with that
pick up again sentence. One feminist Wiccans supremacy take into custody sin at it,
for example it implies the manager breakthrough forms of feminist Wicca are really
manager like peas in a pod Satanism than like peas in a pod Wicca. Which in my remark they are.
If you've read some of Mary Daly's books, you'll know what I mean.
.
I myself let know as a feminist Goddess-oriented neo-Pagan, as well
as a Satanist. Indeed, feminist Goddess religion is unruffled my
*primary* moral remembering. (Satanism is how I relate to
"male" energy.
) I don't and never did necessitate myself a feminist
"Wiccan".
.
By the way, where I pluck today's use of the word Wicca (with a
assets W
) to diminish to a crystal-clear European-based religion with a
very crystal-clear worldview, I do *not* pluck the unplanned by Wiccans
to copyright the words "witch" and "witchcraft". These words are
generic expressions, not the land-dwelling of any one religion. They diminish to
occult practices found in different religions about the world. A
Satanist has as radically championship to the word "witch" as persona extremely. (It
so happens that *I* don't necessitate myself a "witch", but for a
a range of reason: I honor different "witches" are making puffed up
claims to occult power, and I don't entreat to give the broadcast of
making such an puffed up line of reasoning.)


This entry was posted on 20:16 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.