No I Wouldnt Change A Thing On Parents
i reflect on my life and i am thankful for my memories, my experiences, the good and bad. i may have not lived a glamorous lush life with all the luxuries nor did i live reckless live-for-now life. i will not say i'm completely content with my life right now, nor will i say that i feel bad about it. i will just say that i am blessed to have the life i have right now.

i've had my share of hurts, not being understood, not being allowed to completely make decisions for myself, not being able to truly be myself or express myself without being shushed til recently, feeling caged, feeling like a disappointment and a failure. but you what? I WOULD NOT TRADE THE WAY I WAS RAISED FOR ANYTHING. i am blessed to have parents who raised me deeply rooted in faith that even if i go astray i will find myself in faith, i will find myself where i came from. my parents are examples of people who surrendered thier lives and ours to God, trust that God will always provide, that He will always make a way. even if they sometimes loose their temper, i know that they just want me safe and want what is best for me. they just want me to respect people and respect myself. i am proud to have parents that don't depend on anyone but themselves and always provide for us. they have sent us to the best private educational institutions and in my case still send me to the one of the best private schools for design and art in the country. i never felt that i had to worry if my parents would have money for food, or school, or any my basic needs. they could have spoiled us with the latest technologies or the latest fashion trends, but they didn't. they lived within their means, lived modestly as if i we were always in need, and saved for a rainy day. whenever we needed money we had money, even if my dad was unemployed we had money, even if business wasn't picking up we had money. i am proud that i was raised in the Philippines and not anywhere else. my parents taught me to appreciate simpler things like a trip to a farm or going to church as a family and to embrace my culture. my mom may be conservative and not conservative at the same time but that's just the way she is. i am blessed to have parents who care so much about me, the whole me and everything about me.

MIND, BODY AND SOUL.

as i grow older i start to understand why they are the way they are. they have prepared me for the real world and i know i am well equiped to face the harder challenges in life. I still may have my issues and i still feel that sometimes am misunderstood, and i guess somehow i will always be misunderstood. even if we don't see eye to eye most of the time, even if i get mad at them, never did i see them as people i wouldn't want to spend time with. i've learned so much about the world and life through my parents when have our moments, emotional sentimental moments.

they are the way they are and i wouldn't change a thing.*



Reference: i-love-witchcraft.blogspot.com


This entry was posted on 16:39 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.