My Hecate Doll Image
HAIL HECATE, QUEEN OF ALL WITCHERY! MISTRESS OF THE MOONLIT NIGHT AND KEEPER OF THOSE KEYS WHICH OPEN ALL DOORS! AT THE CROSSING OF THE ROADS WE SEEK YOU, WHERE YOUR TORCH ILLUMINATES THE DARKNESS.

This is a doll I made to give Hecate a place of honor on my personal altar. I started with a posable artist's mannequin, which I painted black. Then I created her clothes. I used hand-dyed silk for her skirt, veil and blouse and velvet for her bustier. On top of that, I added a black cloak to drape over her shoulders. Her hair is made from feathers which I painted black. The flame on the torch is also made from hand-dyed silk, which I attached to a piece of wood. Finally, I gave her jewels to wear. She has beaded charms with a sun and a star at her hip and a chainmaille belt around her waist. I then adorned her with three coins hanging from one tie of her cloak, a skeleton key from the other. She wears a necklace with three more skeleton keys around her neck. Finally, perched on her brow is a crescent moon with a single sparkling crystal in the center.

This is the second such doll I made. I also made one honoring Legba using an artist's mannequin and paint, cloth, and treasures. I find that such an activity of planning, creating, and crafting such dolls helps me to more deeply appreciate my subject matter - and they give my altars a wonderful divine presence.

I enjoy making these dolls because they give me a chance to get to know and connect with the spirit of the one I am crafting in to the doll. I spent time researching and reading, learning all I can so that I may choose the best colors, materials, and symbols to use in my work. In doing so, the act of creating becomes an act of devotion.

Labels: astral projection guide  protection spell wicca  obe astral projection  book of the dead  pranic healing meditation  wiccan healing spells  hypnosis astral projection  ancient gods and goddess  


This entry was posted on 17:17 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.