What Is God Like Cover

This is a passage from a book by Gerald G. Jampolsky, MD:

"At the Center [The Center for Attitudinal Healing, for terminally ill children] so many of our greatest lessons come from the children themselves.
We were reminded of this once again while we were lecturing in New Jersey and heard the following true story, which went directly to our hearts. A young couple had just brought home their newborn infant. It was a Sunday afternoon, and their three-year-old daughter became quite insistent about wanting to go into the baby's room all by herself.

"The parents were a little taken aback by the intensity of the little girl's request. They sensed something very urgent and vital in the plea, something that was coming from deep within her. At first they suspected sibling rivalry might be the girl's motivation and, feeling somewhat protective, they were concerned that she might harm the baby. The parents talked it over between them and decided that since they had an intercom between their room and the baby's, they could listen in to make certain that everything was all right.

"The little girl tiptoed into the baby's room alone as the parents listened in. They heard their daughter close the door and then listened as her footsteps approached the crib. There was a moment of quiet, and then they heard their daughter's voice softly whisper to the baby: 'Baby, remind me what God is like. I am beginning to forget.'"

I was at a lovely park in El Cerrito with my children this afternoon when I read these words... and immediately, I did feel a change in my life. The frustration of the misbehaviors of my children left me as I contemplated their spiritual beings.

Cimeron climbed up the stairs to where I was sitting just then, and I asked her, "What is God like?"... and without a second's hesitation, she said
"Us!" and gave me a lovely smile. I was astounded that she had such a clear comprehension of not only the question but also a reasonable answer. Later on, I asked my 3 year old, Aaron, the same question. He swung his right arm around a few times to indicate the field of green grass, the sky, and all the other beautiful things around us, and then he said, "A flower". Clearly he senses that God must be like the most beautiful thing in life.

I am amazed.

from Peace Child



Labels: dieting spell  guide aromatherapy  mental spiritual emotional  light healing rods  healing banishing  empower healing charm  guide aromatherapy  healing method  aine celtic faeries  central american  card tricks  easy spells  witch names  wiccan rituals  


This entry was posted on 04:13 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.