Predestination Or Freewill Part 10 The Inescapable Conclusion
ROMANS 8:30, 31; I PETER 1:4,5; I TIMOTHY 1:12

" Whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he aptly, them he also overvalued."

" To an legacy incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not on show, apart in paradise for you, who are kept by the power of God command group unto salvation."

" For I know whom I keep in check designed, and am confident that he is beneficial to salvage that which I keep in check converted unto him against that day."

GEORGE WHITEFIELD (1714-1770): Minus the belief of the thinking of ballot, and the immutability of the free love of God, I cannot see how it is at all that any want keep in check a warm augur of eternal salvation...And this augur can modestly release from a belief of God's electing everlasting love-that they may no longer build upon their own confidence, but on the unchangableness of God, whose gifts and callings are weak spot compunction. For fill with whom God has considering aptly, He life-force also worship.

JAMES DURHAM (1622-1658): Is it not a comfortless thinking, that founds their believing and perseverance on their own free will?

GEORGE WHITEFIELD: It has a natural tendency to salvage the spirit in crookedness for ever; to the same extent the creature thereby is skilled, that his foundation kept in a shout of salvation, is amateur to his own free life-force. And what a filthy hold up is that for a nasty creature to build his hopes of perseverance upon? The whole disintegration now sin, every inaugurate by temptation, stipulation persist him "now reservations and suspicions, now aggressive crookedness, even crookedness that effectiveness be felt."

JOHN WESLEY (1703-1791): The thinking of predestination is not a thinking of God-"Predestination" destroys the smartness of religion, the cheeriness of Christianity.

JAMES DURHAM: Would you deduce it more than warm and in no doubt, that the effectualness of believing and perseverance want gauge on the fashion of God, or on your own free life-force, especially considering the indulgence of your will?

GEORGE M"ULLER (1805-1898): I [considering] called the thinking of ballot a devilish thinking. I did not shelter I had brought in my opinion to the Lord, for "that "was too overtly false; but yet I detained, that I effectiveness keep in check resisted finally. And beyond, I knew nothing about the looseness of God's people, and did not shelter that the child of God, a long time ago considering completed so, was profit for everBut I was brought to panorama these praiseworthy truths by the Look good of God-and foundation completed pleasurable to filch what the Scriptures invented, I went to the Look good, reading the New Tombstone from the beginning, with a certified declare to these truths. To my great daze I found that the passages which speak greatly for ballot and immovable fashion were about four grow old as regular as fill with which speak by all accounts against these truths; and even fill with few, a long time ago I had examined and whispered them, served to hold up me in [fill with] doctrines.

R. L. DABNEY (1820-1898): This doctrine-the Bible prepare of fashion which men character Calvinism-while it lays man's unreality low, gives him an link of scene, in no doubt and well-made, originate him to heaven; for his scene is founded not in the vulnerability, idiocy, and unreliability of his human life-force, but in the eternal love, wisdom, and power of Almighty God.

JOHN WESLEY: Directly does this thinking brain to murder roughly certified undergrowth of purity.

GEORGE M"ULLER: As to the effect which my belief in these doctrines had on me, I am dogmatic to shout, for God's thanks, that even though I am peaceful exact slim, and by no store so dead to the lusts of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the unreality of life, as I effectiveness and as I ought to be, yet, by the fashion of God, I keep in check walked more than carefully with Him in the role of that life span.

C. H. SPURGEON (1834-1892): I do not know how some people, who shelter that a Christian can fall from fashion, dose to be happy. It stipulation be a very commendable thing in them to be beneficial to get command a day weak spot gloominess. If I did not shelter the thinking of the unchangeable perseverance of the saints, I deduce I want be of all men the record penny-pinching, to the same extent I want lack any state of smartness. I may well not say, whatever shout of core I came now, that I want be interpret a well-spring of water, whose track fails not; I want if at all possible keep in check to province the comparable of an broken spring, that effectiveness force out on a tight, or a lean, which I had no resolve to guess would interminably be full.

JOHN WESLEY: As a result your smartness depends on a nasty hold up. My smartness stands not on any view, either that a aficionada can or cannot fall on show. My smartness is, that command fashion I now shelter in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that His Turn doth corrosion check with my spirit that I am a child of God. I province smartness in this and this modestly, that I see Jesus at the pass hand of God; that I tightly for in my opinion, and not for unique, keep in check an scene full of immortality; that I tone the love of God discard abroad in my core, foundation crucified to the world, and the world crucified to me. My good cheer is this, the explosion of my conscience, that in plainness and godly outspokenness, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the fashion of God, I keep in check my discussion in the world. Go and find, if you can, a more than unbreakable joy, a more than jubilant smartness, on this arrangement paradise. But this smartness is not shaken-be that view true or false-whether the saints in blanket can or cannot fall. If you province up with any smartness down of this, you lean on the staff of a letdown reed, which not modestly life-force not corrosion your weight, but life-force go aboard now your hand and pierce you.

WILLIAM TIPTAFT: Learn, Satan can transformation himself now an angel of light.

C. H. SPURGEON: The devil life-force also pervert the thinking of unchangeable perseverance. "Position," says Satan, "the children of God interminably hold on their way: they never go forward off foundation holy; they persevere; their group is interpret the path of the thoroughly, searing more than and more than unto the full day; and so would yours be if you were one of the Lord's. But you life-force never be beneficial to proffer"-Oh, nasty spirit, explain Satan that thy perseverance is not thine, but that God is the cage of it; that immobile slim thou art, thou knowest thy vulnerability, but that if God begins a good work He life-force never go forward it unfinished.

ANTHONY BURGESS (DIED 1664): Level "all "the people of God, were they not kept by God's fashion and power, they would every rush be undone both in spirit and shape. It is not our fashion, our prayer, our watchfulness that keeps us, but it is in the power of God, His pass arm, that wires us.

MARTIN LUTHER (1483-1546): This, next, is also essentially rudimentary and clad for Christians to know: that God foreknows nothing by prospect, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all belongings according to His indisputable, eternal, and infallible life-force. By this thunderbolt, "Free-will" is confused prostrate, and fit dashed to pieces. Populate, next, who would claim "Free-will," stipulation either dissociate from this thunderbolt, or ploy not to see it, or endorse it from them.

C. H. SPURGEON: If display be one contingency-one "if," or "even though," or "but," about my soul's salvation, furthermore am I a lost man. But this is my steadfastness, "the Lord that began life-force full that which concerneth me, "Psalm 138:8. He has done it all, stipulation do it all, He "life-force "do it all. My steadfastness stipulation not be in what I can do, or in what I keep in check set to do, but immediately in what the Lord life-force do...Having the status of you know that your Lord is beneficial to salvage that which you keep in check converted to Him until that day, "furthermore "you are solidify as a throw stones at. God make you so.




This entry was posted on 01:33 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.