Herbal Livity Cover
Herbal medicine is the ancient and holistic way of our ancestors used to cure illness and imbalance within our families and our communities...when our ancestors were brought to the Americas they were forced to cultivate a new relationship with the herbs and herbal medicines available in this land.

I am a true daughter of the Caribbean and I was thaught my grandmother’s wisdom as a young girl...aloes for cold, lemongrass for fever, soursop for insomnia...my mother taught me how to recognize that leaves of plants so I would know which plants to pick when she sent me out to the yard.

When I became intiated my herbal wisdom was further increased and the use of divination allows for the practitioner to have precision of choosing the right herbs for medicine. As an Iyalorisha I use the wisdoms of both. Here are a few of the herbs and their uses that I use in my daily life and practice. Some are seasonal but most are available year round.

Anise.......Intestinal Gas

Maiden Apple.....Indegestion

Kenip.....Cough

Papaya Leaf....Lowers Blood Pressure

Aloes.....Removes Toxins/Dierectic

Black Waddle.....Stomach Soother

Wormgrass....Removes Intestinal Parasites

Lemongrass....Lowers Fever

Most of these can be taken as a tea..steep in water that has been brought to a rapid boil, they can also be used as infused in olive or jojoba oil and rubbed over affected area

herbal medicine consultations and products are available as soaps, infuseded oils, balms and salts.

Labels: guide aromatherapy  medicine healing  healing powers  impotence solution  distance healing ritual  taraxacum officinale  healing myth  guide aromatherapy  concerning tincture philosophers  alchemical just short  pagan religion  witch shop  alchemical poetry teasdale  


This entry was posted on 23:30 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.