Duquette Comming Around
I restrict never met or conversed with DuQuette. He has my respect as a writer: he is hard-wearing and daylight, and has an first-rate way of explained even the utmost knotty subjects. I respect him also as a magician. He right does the magick he writes about, and that for yourself is significant of respect. I do in spite of that fight with his views on the print of spirits and the lump of materials. I everlastingly restrict.

I am reading his current book "Enochian Suggestion Magick" and enjoying it hugely. He does in spite of that bud his view correctly strongly. One quotes from the drift work:

"The on your own real changes I can effect with magick are changes within individually"

"Its all in your leader, you moral restrict no plot how big your leader is"

"If you can't make the magick ring out of paper, you can't make it out of gold"

"In the art of magick, the magician must decree (at smallest amount for the period of the make use of) that the spirits are superior intelligences and restrict material rank in a dimension come to light of his or her own central point."

In this book he is unification in with the scads of magicians that are looking back exterior the GD/Crowley lens that has put on utmost magick for the ultimate 100 excitement, and presenting the way as it was normal by Dee and Kelly, ditching furthest of the possessions that they delayed onto it, and plunder gravely the parts that Mathers and Crowley unnoticed. He does this, he assures us, ever since it guts help get you psychologically inserted taking part in the way, not ever since any of it is insuppressibly recipe.

The thing is, that I don't honor even he believes this anymore. I honor that ever since he is a good new magician, that he took a thorough at the possessions that Christeos Pir sent him, and the info unspoken in Petersons book and began to work with it. Sonata with it and find that it works chief than the GD/Crowley stuff. I honor, and I may be way off substratum trendy, that it deranged him to find it so. He a propos hints at this himself to the same extent he association about opposite his own saying "Don't try to produce young the magick Dee and Kelley second hand to be inflicted with the way, moral use the way they received!"

Close to the book he seems definitely uncomfortable to the same extent he has to put in the picture the reader to dig a tiny deeper taking part in the view that Dee and Kelley actually supposed about magick and religion. He seems Really uncomfortable in advising recruits to pray. I honor he is pushing his "mind-only" view very ruthless in this book ever since of it. God bar that we private that the angels actually advised the ring be ended of gold for a mind. No, it must work moral as well out of paper ever since that is the design. Gold doesn't restrict any special magickal properties at all. Nope, Nothing to see trendy..,

In my consequence, if it works it works. If it doesnt it doesnt. Premise has in spite of what you would think tiny to do with magick. Enochian works ever since its Pure, not ever since its easy to consortium in. Newly someone asked Dr Kioni whether they may perhaps use a spell that mandatory a Christian prayer even bit he wasnt a believer. I esteemed his answer: "The name of Christ advice all the angels in illusion and earth. It doesnt abide by whether you consortium that or not. It moral does..." Opere Ex Operato babe-in-arms.

Don't get me dishonest. I honor the book is great, and maybe the best I restrict ever read on the subject. I go along with to not having picked up Enochiana for a propos 8 excitement, but represent was a time to the same extent I was correctly twisted with it. The name Inominandum was explicit to me by an angel during an Enochian scrying hall. So I did work with it, the excellent I cut out a lot of the GD protocols equal underwater pentagrams and such and moral second hand the calls and other prayers, the chief I did with it. I wish I had this book as a result and am tempted to set observation a time or so in the doom to re-visit the way.

Its a haunting book. I am moral amused at teh legths that DuQuette is going to in order to luggage compartment his psychological belief.

I guts be script a review of the book for Behutet to the same extent I culminate it, but moral accept to part these way of behaving.


This entry was posted on 04:51 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.