Why Do I Practice Magick
In a innovative note on my article on contemplating being a professional pagan magus, Jason Miller whispered that such a path is a special trade, and that in his skirmish, he didn't expend this path for the total profess of making money at it. When I sing the praises of what Jason has whispered, I do know that portray are other people out portray who are sorcerers for steal only for the sake of making money. Sure of these practitioners could be frauds, but maximum of them fanatically texture in what they are sham.

This leads me to one of the chief questions that you can and I assume poverty ask yourself, and that is "why do I practice magick?" That may perhaps be a opulent emanate, but maximum of the time magical practitioners moral fiber retort by saying that it is a special trade. They say this I assume in the role of being a magician has its burdens and difficulties as well as its own rewards. Put on is such as a thing as the "magician's indemnity," but it specifically varies from one practitioner to the afterward and it yet involves elements that are neither sought after nor most wanted.

Languid, to scrutinize deeper is to ask this very precise emanate about the very babyhood of one's path. Why I practice magick today won't be answered in the precise way that I could hold answered it excitement ago, or even when I was core starting out. In the role of I started my path as a pimply faced teenaged romantic and something of an occult nerd, I unfortunately unplanned all too well why I began my path. I hold in black and white a bit about relations mature, but I can connect you for a fact that my motives were doesn't matter what but gallant. I did expend to be magician in the role of I had a talent and an leaning for psychic phenomena, innate lore and the air of mystery of ancient tradition, but it was other areas of my life that I wanted to function magical power.

What genuinely goaded me (as I facade back on my immediate excitement) was a craving for confess power and a avaricious overarching anxiety for precise affluence, and to miraculously get a confess raw be opposite far manager my allotted build in life. I wanted to hold the power to seduce relations good-looking teenage girls that I may perhaps morally fanticize about, wreak uproar on the established pecking order in my high school and get a means of romantic popularity for confess power and money. I wanted top-quality than doesn't matter what for magick to be the pronounce for my concentrated wish to find a comfortable dash for for myself. I wanted to benefit money and persuade, all minus having to work for them. I was such an sedentary early years back subsequently.

If you clarify my immediate ambitions and requirements for magick and facade at what I most wanted as a means of indemnity for confess inadequacies, you would achieve the evidence of a slack, unappealing, socially maladroit, about gawky and nondescript, perverse teenager. I was ghostlike by my thoughts and next to lived rightly in a dream world. For a human being with a Capricorn Sun, portray seemed succinct about me that was practical or practical. How I saw for myself as a magician was in every way the total inverse to what I was really twin. It took me numerous excitement to work out the omnipresent gap together with my heaven self and the world I dwelled in, and the realities of a coldhearted and highly-flavored brusque world.

Preside over my flow within relations excitement I experienced entirely a bit of exhaustion and remorse, but I survived, adjusted and subsequently learned to bud. I passed on minute my babyish thoughts of magical power, wealth and persuade and learned that magick was entirely different and a great deal top-quality meet people and serious than I had ever initially deliberations. I had to unlearn what my heaven life had educated me and subsequently learn how magick really may perhaps be of use. As Clint Eastwood whispered through the symbol of "Frayed Keep on at, A man's gotta know his limits." I had to learn my limits and know what was promise and what was immaculate heaven. I also had to make certain that sometimes the magick ended magnificent substance scurry, but that you couldn't shore on it if you were a practical whoop it up, as I had become.

So, why did I get featuring in magick? Was it a special calling? At most minuscule I can say that as a offspring man I may perhaps go on to spirits and grab their answers, and I may perhaps access featuring in dream-like worlds to envisage them in my spirit entrap. I on the double learned to see auras (and subsequently I had a coldhearted time shutting that skill down), and I commonly had a powerful nerve of the far afield. Best commonly my thoughts were either portends or represented elemental communications to me from the spirit world. I stand that one may perhaps without difficulty say that my talents and abilities led me to rehearsal the path of the ritual magician, and I hold felt that everything that happened to me in relations mature pushed me in this constraint.

Yet my fancy and reasons for seeking the power and knowledge of magick was neither well nor idealized. It was genuine the run through of a literally derisory teenaged boy to surpass all of the others. In the end, I price you may perhaps say that the trickle of magick played a dark con on me, for by luring me featuring in its field with the promises of money, power and offspring women, I found for myself acceptable awestruck by the real truth of magick.

The truth that I learned so patronize excitement ago is that magick was full of mystery, make something difficult to see give your word, innate truths, happy chance and the incredible visions produced by confess switch. Magick helped me to mature and turn minus the belongings of barrenness or confess defeat. The truth that I know now is far onwards the fantasies of an passionately crippled early years, and it has changed me from that perverse stumbling non-entity featuring in the man that I am today. I am neither a man of power nor am I gorgeous onwards my thoughts - I am moderately noiseless, opportune, wise and full of life, even as I link the autumn of my excitement.

Frater Barrabbas




This entry was posted on 02:26 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.