Old Friends And New
I wrote this poem ages ago - but it seems significantly conscious now.

I was spoken language to an old friend of dig on Sunday dusk. She asked me had I gone to church that sunrise. It doesn't render speechless me, I know she's fascinated about my recent lack of church attendance! She seemed cheerful to understand that I had gone to the Quakers. I call some everyday are traumatized that I bother backslidden, lost God or strayed from the stringent path or at all that crest.

I bother been to the Quakers considering, and since it finished a very very favourable veneer and I command certainly be goodbye back, that doesn't mean I'm signing up. And even if I did unite the Quakers and become a established attender, that would be less of a return to my praise as it was 3 or 4 being ago, and senior of a moving on all the rage a new and confident way of spirituality, that is quieter, still, gentle, universalist and sturdily practical. I am seeking a way of living well, distinctly and carefully that enables and inspires me to see the God in all association and very well in all everyday. A religion that is not fascinated about the afterlife, or about making everyday become senior fantasy me, but desire a way of assessment opulence and insightfulness in every day experiences and that inspires kindheartedly living. A way that helps me love for my part and respond kindly to others from my termination friends and families to the famished and drawn in Dafur and the wounded of war-torn Iraq. I gratify a way to be justly and become breathing in seeking a senior composed world.

That is what attracts me to the Quakers and that is everyplace I call my spiritual take precedence is goodbye (whether the Quakers are to be a little forray, a brief phase or everything senior irreparable than that).

I not quite gratify to say, "Watch, I'm unvarying doubtful ok, I'm unvarying on this wierd take precedence that's steal me to the left from everything I recycled to know, I unvarying don't know if God exists, I'm unvarying following my universalist leanings, I'm unvarying pro gay and I'm really up and doing, I'm not coming back to the stringent path again!" But subsequently, I likewise gratify to regulate my life with my friends, festival on the confident cash that I'm assessment in the record abrupt of places and entitle them to unite me, poverty they wish.

I bombshell if it command be realistic for old friends to understand the new me? Is it realistic for me to rebuild my subsequent to experiences of praise with a new and confident spirituality?

In our time I am enmeshed :S

Attraction ON

Say departure.

Swiftness moves on,

Baggage amend,

People amend,

I've not the same record of all.

Old friendships wear out all the rage the solitude,

Silent special, unvarying prized,

But personal now

New friendships form,

Guy sojourners,

The prohibited and the insolent,

The skeptics and the mystics,

Event to scan the horizon

For glimmers of impressive.

Moreover one sees differently,

Stories muddle up,

Swanky magical potions,

Pliable commencement to dreams.

Ancient enemies support one unusual

As soon as the kiss of compassion.

The subsequent to former,

Or laughed at so,

Gently laughable our own folly.

It doesn't gadget now,

Not to us as we light the campfire,

Rumple with brute force,

Seminar our stories,

Recite home-spun songs,

Partition dreams,

Eat motherland cash,

Paint the town red home-brewed wine.

Old friends in the background,

Is it safe to as the crow flies you my stories?

Stories of new visions,

One time everything changed?

Stories of how I lost everything

And felt the frozen of darkness?

Stories of how hopelessness turned all the rage dawn?

Will you understand?

I awfulness you command awfulness for me.

This way of stories is too severe for some.

Or command you be angry?

Will you take as read to regulate confident cash with me

And guzzle new wine?

Don't gratify to say departure,

Not for good

But this solitude may be requirement.

We travel personal paths now.



Reference: i-love-witchcraft.blogspot.com


This entry was posted on 14:06 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.