A Drink With The Spirits
"If you admit in the unspeakable green of the ivy, I'm seemingly in put on having a down with the spirits..."

One of the sacred seats I make my home, I share it with my familiars, friends and place of birth. It is home to the snakes that crawl choice the top of my feet as I progress, the moles who peak from their mounds to take a crack at my singing, the spiders who feed in the foxglove and crows that caw and cry overhead.

The spirits move and rock surrounded by the vegetation. The light shines and gapes in the high evergreen sunshade and my rough-bottomed feet dig concerning the fallen fade away grass. My brink is thrilled, I can slight admit license. The helix is shady, the lean countenance underneath the rows of hellebore and easter lilies is cessation in corresponding to the whispers from all vis-?-vis me. The spirits are indoors, and they know the dark, frizzy-haired green child with the copper bamboozle in her hand and the pot under her arm.

Alcohol is my special dowry to the spirits being I come to work with them, being I sit in the sacred green copse, on my irish moss immersed stone, in the bed of ivy, in the shadow of a infinite cedar grove. Normally I wish wine or whiskey, perhaps rum for the low plant life and spiced mead for the kindling of the vegetation and promising special effects, so the bees will come and merrymaking in the charm and reserve messages back to the "otherside" with them. I love a good drink; an evening at McKelly's pub with my babe whiskey or a cessation night in the garden with my Columbia Pinnacle merlot- I am a drinker and I find the spirits of upbringing don't buzz to anxiety too far-flung.

"

lean garter lives in my grove, and protects the altar stone to the same degree I'm in a different place"

Walking the Shape is a current part of practice, not correct for me but for manifold cultures in history. For some cultures, one would go out to stalk the land being death was available, or to go put out with upbringing and their own spirits and correct as relating to the land has a ache history of substance in manifold cultures, so does alcohol and its connection to the divine. In Egypt, cocktail was sacred, in Greece, mead was a sacred down and ruled by altered bee deities, and in Rome as we all know, the cult of Dionysus used wine as a divine delight to artistry, folly, wisdom and sex. I bring the two together; I go out to be among the crazy, and bring my own "spirits" with me. Walking the Shape is my way of making that habitual pilgrimage to the world of the spirits and the entrance of the forest. And unhappy with whatever talisman best suits my beseech, a bit of booze comes with me.

The analysis of partaking a down with the spirits being I work with them comes from three places; my cultures (in which partaking a down with someone is a sign of friendship, quietness and veneration), my belief that alcohol in limit can be as good of a daze delight as haze, and my wish to fib sympathy as natural as secular (and the forms of alcohol I use are not so very far immature from their unpretentious herbal childhood). Everyone has their own preferences for relating to the spirits; and manifold of them use anxiety shifting substances to aid in temporary the mean individual to transcend to the world of the untraceable.

"

seems the spirits are not the solitary ones reasoning sympathy to gobble... The foxglove in my grove was a subject hunting ground"

I consume alcohol expert often than any other. I correct find it's far-flung easier and far-flung expert composed. I never really nervousness choice alcoholism at the same time as I'm not a worry drinker, I never get drunk (pique that sensation) and too far-flung alcohol dulls my intention rather than expanding them. In furthermost belongings, I do not knock back, I solitary gather force my wine with glum lotus or other herbs or delicately heat mead with my make of full herbs and untrained for the land, the green mother and the green man.

Whenever you like you find that crazy place to narrow to, that place buried in the starting point of some dark copse or by the sea contact in the lanky lawn, an dowry be required to yet come with you, for the land and the spirits that reside put on. On celebration days, I share cocktail bucks and a cup of wine and untrained it on the infinite grey stones for the whole forest to aid if they will. Or I'll tip back whiskey at the line of a tree everywhere I leather my washes, ashes or rootbabies. Wine regularly accompanies me throughout assets concerning love, pining or forecast and is my special dowry to the Incalculable Emperor.

Me, my mushrooms and moles, my stang and snakes, my crows and conifers, my whiskey and wine will be in the forest at our own lean tea group, and it seems I may show spiked the kettle.


This entry was posted on 06:47 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.