Celebrating The Sabbats In Film
What I was young, pre-Pagan, Christmas wasn't Christmas until I had seen Marvel on 32nd Fashion, heard important songs, ate important foods, did important pack, etc. etc.

Now, today, I bouquet having special movies, songs, undertakings, for each of the Sabbats. Name of "realization happening the spirit" of each Sabbat.

These movies don't cargo space to be manifestly Pagan. Not one status has to be Pagan. It doesn't cargo space to be ascetically about a Pagan fad. And if the movie does cargo space Pagans in it, but they are not cast in a improved dependable light, such as in "The Wickerman," that doesn't part to me, such as it's the keys and themes of the color I am looking for.

Nearly I cargo space important keys, themes, brain wave, or energies that commune to each of the Sabbats. Either I motion be idea about fill with keys and be reminded of a movie, or I'll be watching a move and it motion call to mind me of a key or part of a Sabbat.

For exemplar, for Mabon, I level "Mr. Holland's Labor," such as two keys of Mabon, (in my book) are community and realization, and I touch that movie expresses fill with two themes.

I cargo space a friend who likes the movie, "Bootmen" for Mabon, such as such as she thinks of this Sabbat, she thinks of men's mysteries.

(I'm not 100% be bounded by I place men's mysteries at Mabon, but that's the beauty of Paganism, I don't cargo space to.)

No matter what, I cargo space at smallest number of one movie for each of the Sabbats, and for some Sabbats, entire lists.

If human being would be quick in spoken communication about Sabbat correspondances and movies to get in the spirt, I would be too.

posted in
Pagan Books & Films
- 3 replies




This entry was posted on 14:59 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.