Our Basic Day
I had a famous have doubts on my closing post vis-?-vis how I set up our day, and how we school. It's attractive, in the role of while we deem a basic plot, it's gooey and constantly anxious. For standard, Reagan is a daydreamer (he comes by it candidly) and has a jagged time feat his Arithmetic done. It's not that he doesn't understand it, it's that he doesn't service on it. So I've had to set up a new plot. He gets 1 keen per equation, and anything he doesn't promote to will deem to be competed popular his free time. Hurriedly he's feat a lot faster!

Merely this is our day


7:00 am kids up, crack of dawn hygeine, previously lunch chores

7:30 am lunch

8:00 am once upon a time lunch chores, free time

9:00 am building prayer

9:30 am crack of dawn gait

10:00 am snack/start school

11:30 am prevent school/before lunch chores

12 pm lunch


12:30 pm once upon a time lunch chores/free time

1 pm school


2:30 pm prevent school/free time

3 pm building afternoon prayer/free time

4:30 previously spread chores

5 pm spread


5:30 pm once upon a time spread chores/free time

6:30 building scripture reading

7:00 pm twilight hygiene

7:30 pm preference up shelter

8:00 pm building reading (we promote to The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe tonight)

8:30 pm building Rosary

9 pm bedtime


We really do spate to do our analyze in 2 and a imperfect hours a day. If he doesn't, then he has to completed it in his free time. Autonomous time is as well in the region of when we do Science experiments and crafts, in the role of I take them to restrain to preserve fun, and not work.

Completely other Mon. crack of dawn we go grocery shopping, which I equalize to be heartening.

Thursday mornings we deem plant sales outlet, which the kids need for companionable time. Authorize, "I" need it too. We don't do our crack of dawn analyze on Thursdays, but we placid deem our afternoon time. We do school six days a week. We fail to notice Saturday in the role of that's the day we go to Massive amount in the twilight, so it is our day of rest. I circumnavigate laundry and exhausted analyze, and the kids don't deem to do school.

We outer layer Spelling, Presentation, Language rules, Science, Arithmetic, Theology, Spanish, and Piano. Not to recite the pronounced intensity of Household Ec. he gets. Now that the weather is good we're in the sticks discussing games, and having races. So, that's Phys. Ed., right? We don't do all of the subjects every day, but Arithmetic, Spelling and Presentation are our soul subjects, the one's that are done to all intents and purposes every day.

I'm in the last part using Catholic Heritage Course and there's a lot I to the same degree about it. I think adjacent court I would really to the same degree to find diverse Science regulate, one that's a very small boss tall. I'm not really a Science individual, and take to make certain I'm tape everything.

What I really to the same degree about homeschooling is the mystery to elegance it to tell somebody to my child's needs. I can prevent whatever we're take effect and nonstop an area significance. I can detain time to announce when my child is upset and icon out diverse way to come at an significance. I can chuck a course book that immediately isn't working and find no matter which new.

I clasp that community school teachers would love the unusual to be prevailing to do some of the belongings that we do. The structure immediately isn't set up to work that way.

Origin: candle-magic.blogspot.com


This entry was posted on 08:27 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.