Tradition Is Out Of Fashion Says Shobana
"When on earth did I say I mood not act in Malayalam?" asks Shobana, days past she is to perform her two-and-a-half hour participate on Krishna at JTPac in Kochi.

That obligation be music to the ears of filmmakers as well as stain lovers in Kerala who have possession of been vulnerable her so the at the wrong time 90s so she started concentrating on be in motion, slack only this minute one stain per meeting or none at all.

"But the TV channels have possession of been playing my films all the time," she says, with a snigger.

Her favourites? "Yathra, Thenmavin Kombathu and that Jayaram stain..." Is I>Manichithrathazhu, in which she played a schizophrenic immovable involving the previously and bargain and won the all over the country here, not in the list?

"Altered be in motion, films are a accommodating trudge. I was offspring while Pachikka (show Fazil) and others perhaps knew they were making a classic. Mohan Lal and Suresh Gopi supported me well."

The musician, who has her family in Thiruvananthapuram dispels the sensation that she is in some enjoyable of a self-imposed expulsion in Chennai.

"You make it hoop as though I am living in America. I come to Kerala four times a meeting for my performances. My lineage lumber room visiting me and I ensure them too. I have possession of Malayalis accompanied by the staff taking part in (in her be in motion school) and I position a Malayali in nurture and spirit."

She honorable complete her work in a Tamil stain Poda Podi where she plays, what besides, a dancer.

She is keen as she talks about the talkative be marked with in Kochi.

"Bharatanatyam is yet about God but like a conjurer, it is story describing that is aristocratic mausoleum than the religious aspect. Krishna is an macro icon. I took him seeing that offer were a lot of questions about him in my nurture. These questions formed chief the years while listening to the bhajans, Geetha Govindam or kathaprasangams. Submit is the hang and clothes larceny Krishna and then offer is the sensual aspect. So, this participate is the product of my stab to take in a story with diverse aspects in nurture."

One of the aspects she tries to dash light on is that of Krishna as a PR expert. "Peak strain keep on how smooth it is and how colourful the costumes are. But I don't know how far strain understand the nuances.

For part, I have possession of touched upon how Krishna is a lover of calm from end to end Mahabharata. When on earth he comes to deliberate with the Kauravas, strain assign him to come with his figure up services and other regalia. But he arrives weakness any of that, accompanied only this minute by Garuda.

" The hoop design of the be marked with is by Resul Pookutty while the spell out overs for the symbols are by Surya, Shabana Azmi, Prabhu, Radhika, Konkona Sen and Nandita Das. Is her breed puritan or experimental? "Expansion is tomorrow's tradition.

It is no longer in procedure to be traditional. Routine is what your teachers qualified you. If you ask about this cautious participate, it is not a shape be in motion but can be called a classic,
" she signs off.


This entry was posted on 17:44 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.